Appeals, briefs, motions, and guidance for federal practice:
[beta draft version March 2018]
Adam Wilson provides nationwide top-tier legal work product for federal court — appeals, briefs, and motions — along with federal practice consulting and guidance for appeals and key motions. He is based in Portland, Maine.
(207) 699-9957 or email@example.com
The nationwide service is for trial counsel and litigators — attorneys, lawyers, law firms, litigation boutiques, and/or solo and state court practitioners with a matter in federal court.
In addition to general consulting and guidance on the most difficult issues in federal practice — including difficult questions of federal civil and appellate procedure, evidence, experts, federal statutory law, and federal common law — see here — my work specializes in three federal court areas:
- Drafting appellate briefs and complex trial-level motions;
- Positioning the appeal / motion both factually and legally; and
- Shaping the law through amicus curiae briefs.
Examples of services:
- Guidance and/or assistance with all aspects of appellate litigation;
- Same, all aspects of crucial trial-level motions;
- Editing and revising your draft briefs and motions;
- Researching and drafting appeals and motions in the first instance;
- Handling discrete trial-level and appellate-level issues;
- Consulting with trial counsel to best position motions and appeals;
- Same, to identify and preserve issues on appeal and the fact record.
I practiced federal civil litigation — primarily federal appellate, federal antitrust law, and federal complex litigation — for a decade at top firms in Washington, D.C. and San Francisco (e.g., Gibson Dunn). This included a two-year clerkship on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. For more, see here.
J.D., Stanford Law School, 1999. Moot Court, Stanford Law Review.
B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1994.
. . .
This is an outside, freelance, independent contractor, outsource service only for licensed lawyers and/or law firms. Neither the service nor this site provides advice; they are not intended for non-lawyers; and, as such, an attorney-client relationship does not form.
firstname.lastname@example.org — (207) 699-9957 — 180 High Street #14 — Portland, Maine 04101 — One block from the Westin Harborview Hotel in downtown Portland.
In addition to high-level analytical training and extensive federal practice writing experience, Adam Wilson also brings intellectual creativity to the toughest federal practice issues; by night he is a successful conceptual artist whose works are in U.S. and international private and corporate collections, including 20th Century Fox in Los Angeles and the four-star Talbott Hotel in Chicago, a Joie de Vivre hotel.
(c) 2018 Adam Wilson