Appeals, briefs, motions, and guidance for federal practice:
Adam Wilson provides legal work product for federal court — appeals, briefs, and motions — along with guidance and consulting for appeals, motions, and federal practice issues. He is based in Portland, Maine.
firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 699-9957.
This nationwide service is for legal counsel with a matter in a federal district court or a federal appellate court — trial attorneys, lawyers, law firms, litigation boutiques, and solo practitioners. I work as an outside, as-needed, temporary independent contractor, providing the research, writing, and/or consulting that you require for a particular case or issue. Customize and tailor the service to your needs.
In addition to guidance on federal practice issues — including the most difficult questions in federal civil and appellate procedure, evidence, experts, federal statutory law, and federal common law — see here — I also specialize in three areas:
- Drafting appellate briefs and crucial trial-level motions;
- Positioning facts and issues for appeals and motions; and
- Shaping the law through amicus curiae briefs.
Examples of services:
- Guidance and assistance with appellate litigation and trial-level motions;
- Researching and drafting appeals, briefs, and motions in the first instance;
- Editing, revising, and refining your drafts; proofing your final work product;
- Handling specific trial-level and appellate-level legal research;
- Consulting to best position issues and facts for motions and appeals;
- Guidance and mentoring for attorneys new to federal practice and federal practice issues; and
- Broader mentoring and coaching for new lawyers regarding general practice issues — see here.
. . .
J.D., Stanford Law School, 1999. Moot Court, Stanford Law Review.
B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1994.
I practiced federal civil litigation — primarily federal appellate litigation, federal antitrust law, and federal complex litigation — for almost a decade at top firms in Washington, D.C. and San Francisco (e.g., Gibson Dunn). This included a two-year clerkship on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. For more, see here.
. . .
email@example.com — (207) 699-9957 — 180 High Street #14 — Portland, Maine 04101.
One block from the Westin Harborview Hotel in downtown Portland, Maine.
Sidebar: I also bring true intellectual creativity to the toughest legal issues — by night I am a successful text-based conceptual and post-conceptual artist with four-figure and five-figure artworks in U.S. and international private and corporate collections, including 20th Century Fox in Los Angeles. The growth of my parallel career as an emerging contemporary artist explains the origins of this service. Visit my related art law practice here.
(c) 2018 Adam Wilson