Appeals, briefs, motions, and guidance for federal practice:
Adam Wilson provides legal work product for federal court — appeals, briefs, and motions — along with guidance and consulting for appeals, motions, and federal practice issues. He is based in Portland, Maine.
email@example.com or (207) 699-9957.
This nationwide service is for legal counsel with a matter in a federal district court or a federal appellate court — trial attorneys, lawyers, law firms, litigation boutiques, and solo practitioners. I work as an outside, as-needed, temporary independent contractor, providing the research, writing, and/or consulting that you require for a particular case or issue. Customize and tailor the service to your needs.
In addition to guidance on federal practice issues — including the most difficult questions in federal civil and appellate procedure, evidence, experts, federal statutory law, and federal common law — see here — I also specialize in three areas:
- Drafting appellate briefs and crucial trial-level motions;
- Positioning facts and issues for appeals and motions; and
- Shaping the law through amicus curiae briefs.
Examples of services:
- Guidance and assistance with appellate litigation and trial-level motions;
- Researching and drafting appeals, briefs, and motions in the first instance;
- Editing, revising, and refining your drafts; proofing your final work product;
- Handling specific trial-level and appellate-level legal research;
- Consulting to best position issues and facts for motions and appeals;
- Guidance and mentoring for attorneys new to federal practice and federal practice issues; and
- Broader mentoring and coaching for new lawyers regarding general practice issues — see here.
. . .
J.D., Stanford Law School, 1999. Moot Court, Stanford Law Review.
B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1994.
I practiced federal civil litigation — primarily federal appellate litigation, federal antitrust law, and federal complex litigation — for almost a decade at top firms in Washington, D.C. and San Francisco (e.g., Gibson Dunn). This included a two-year clerkship on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. For more, see here.
. . .
firstname.lastname@example.org — (207) 699-9957 — 180 High Street #14 — Portland, Maine 04101.
One block from the Westin Harborview Hotel in downtown Portland, Maine.
Sidebar: I also bring true intellectual creativity to the toughest legal issues — by night I am a successful text-based conceptual and post-conceptual artist with four-figure and five-figure works in U.S. and international private and corporate collections, including 20th Century Fox in Los Angeles and the four-star Talbott Hotel in Chicago. The growth of my parallel career as an emerging contemporary artist explains the origins of this service.
(c) 2018 Adam Wilson